Power Greens Are Versatile
Use fresh microgreens in just 2-3 weeks to add a nutrient boost and delicious flavors to salads, smoothies, and savory dishes. Grow 3-6 weeks and harvest baby greens for tasty and healthful salads, stir fry, and juicing. Or, Power Green seedlings can be transplanted to a wider spacing and grown to maturity.
Habitat Seed Mats are custom-produced, easy-to-plant, biodegradable mats that contain embedded non-GMO seeds, ready for planting.
- Seed mats eliminate the need to manipulate individual seeds during planting.
- Habitat Seed Mats are sized specifically for planting in Habitat Grow Trays.
Each Power Greens Seed Mat is like getting 5 packets of seeds!
Power Green seed varieties are premium Johnny's Selected Seeds, carefully selected to produce sweet-flavored microgreens or baby greens that are nutrient-rich and full of anti-oxidants. Ready for microgreen harvest, in just 2-4 weeks after planting! Each Power Greens Seed Mat contains rows of the following seed varieties to harvest as microgreens, baby leaves, or mature vegetables:
- Red Cabbage
- Chinese Cabbage
- Fast-Flowering Brassica
- Siberian Kale
How to Plant a Seed Mat
- Prepare a planting tray with moist planting mix (a soil-less seed starter or soil-less potting mix work best).
- Lay the seed mat on top of the prepared planting mix.
- Cover seed mat lightly with additional planting mix.
- Sprinkle water evenly until seed mat is thoroughly moistened.
- Use a wicking growing system, or check regularly and keep the soil moist as seeds germinate.
- Enjoy watching your seedlings grow!
Rows of seeds are spaced evenly and contain seeds spaced approximately every 1/4-1/2".